Kony AppPlatform Gets Upgraded
November 12, 2018
Kony has enhanced its Kony AppPlatform to support Progressive Web Apps (PWA). Kony is the first vendor to support enterprise-grade, low-code PWA development for mission-critical apps. Developers can use Kony’s visual low-code platform to develop PWAs faster, while leveraging comprehensive backend services and third-party integrations for building enterprise apps.
PWAs are web applications that load like regular web pages or websites but can offer the user functionality such as working offline, push notifications and device hardware access traditionally available only to native mobile applications. PWAs are an emerging technology that combine the open standards of the web offered by modern browsers to provide benefits of a rich mobile experience. Kony consistently achieved a 100 percent score on Google Lighthouse with its standard configurations. Lighthouse is an open-source, automated tool for improving the quality of web pages. Users can run it against any web page, public or requiring authentication. It has audits for performance, accessibility, Progressive Web Apps, and more.
“Businesses today need enterprise-grade, low-code solutions that can help them improve app development productivity and accelerate delivery,” said Burley Kawasaki, executive vice president of products, Kony, Inc. “This need has caused the industry to look for enhanced web development approaches leading to the rapid shift to using PWA technology to build responsive mobile web apps. We’ve made ground-breaking enhancements to our Kony AppPlatform to deliver first-to-market PWA support using low-code tools. This enables building of PWA application by all businesses large and small and expands the benefits of PWA to mainstream web developers.”
Key benefits for customers:
• Speed – Build PWAs faster using Kony’s unique drag and drop visual application design canvas and powerful low-code development tools; rapidly assemble and automatically output rich PWA applications without coding
• Enterprise-grade – Build PWAs that are by default secure, reliable, and perform at scale using Kony’s enterprise-grade security architecture and mission-critical backend micro-services architecture
• Lower Cost – By reusing
existing web development skills and low-code tools to build
enterprise-grade PWAs, businesses can reduce the total cost of
building high-performing and secure mobile apps that scale to meet
mission-critical enterprise needs
• Offline app support and increased performance using automatically generated Service Workers and intelligent caching;
• Native app-like usability and improved interactions via modern app shell architecture;
• Installable to device home screens so the app can be launched directly using pre-built Web App Manifest;
• Faster end-user performance navigations with reduced load times, smooth animations and scrolling;
• Support for push notifications using integration with third-party web push libraries;
• Automatically and bi-directionally synchronize offline data with support for offline objects; and
• Support for Search Optimization and Social discovery.