- Announced an investment from Cisco Investments
- Closed Series B round, led by new investor Norwest Venture Partners with participation from existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners and Redpoint Ventures.
- Added new customers globally and expanded footprint with existing customers, including Diageo, Microsoft, PayPal, Standard Chartered, TransUnion, UBS, and VirginOrbit.
- Launched a new Apache-licensed open source technology, The Gandiva Initiative for Apache Arrow; Arrow is now the de-facto standard for in-memory analytics, with more than 1m+ downloads per month.
- Launched new Professional Services Group, led by Robert Maybin, Principal Consulting Architect at Dremio.
- Expanded office locations to Vancouver, Canada and Hyderabad, India.
- Launched Dremio 3.0 -- bridging the gap between data engineers and data consumers with advanced security and multi-tenant workload controls; integrated data catalog for self-directed data analysis; integration with Kubernetes and Helm charts; support for popular cloud platforms like AWS and Azure.
- Introduced the Dremio Learning Engine, and added support for Looker, to help business analysts and data scientists to discover, curate, share, and analyze data from data lakes, NoSQL, and relational sources using their favorite tools at unprecedented speed.