Arm Intros Project Trillium ML
Project Trillium is a suite of Arm IP including new highly scalable processors that will deliver enhanced machine learning (ML) and neural network (NN) functionality. The current technologies are focused on the mobile market and will enable a new class of ML-equipped devices with advanced compute capabilities, including state-of-the-art object detection.
“The rapid acceleration of artificial
intelligence into edge devices is placing increased requirements for
innovation to address compute while maintaining a power efficient
footprint. To meet this demand, Arm is announcing its new ML platform,
Project Trillium,” said Rene Haas, president, IP Products Group, Arm.
“New devices will require the high-performance ML and AI capabilities
these new processors deliver. Combined with the high degree of
flexibility and scalability that our platform provides, our partners can
push the boundaries of what will be possible across a broad range of
• For mobile computing, the processor delivers more than 4.6 trillion operations per second
• (TOPs) with a further uplift of 2x-4x in effective throughput in real-world uses through intelligent data management
• Unmatched performance in thermal
and cost-constrained environments with an efficiency of over three
trillion operations per second per watt (TOPs/W). More details on the
Arm ML processor are available on our website.
• Real-time detection with Full HD processing at 60 frames per second
• Up to 80x the performance of a
traditional DSP, and a significant improvement in detection quality
relative to previous Arm technologies. More details on the Arm OD
processor are available on our website.